Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Black Friday

Stay Away from Those Sheets!!


Amy pretending to be on the Powder Keg

Johnny is excited he survived the Powder Keg

As close as we get to roller coasters!
After our Thanksgiving meals, Johnny and I went to Branson to meet Amy and Bryan. We went to Silver Dollar City Thursday night before heading to the Tanger Mall for the midnight shopping. We got to sleep from 3:15-4:15 before Amy and I got up and joined the madness at Wal-Mart. Amy and I were innocent bystanders in the mad dash for cheap prices. We went to Wal-Mart thinking it would be fun to see the craziness and get a few good deals....Well...we got NO good deals because we were not willing to lose a limb to fight for anything. We noticed in the ad, that king size sheets were 20.00 and thought we should grab a set or two while we were there. We got to the sheets before they came over the intercom and said "GO". There were ladies standing with their hands stretched out touching the sheets waiting for the command. There was one lady who had been standing there since 1:30 AM for the 5:00 AM sell. Once they did say "GO", I saw a scene I had never experienced in my life. Amy and I stepped back in time to watch the ladies in front of us drop to the floor and climb into the bottom shelf to get every set of sheets. Within 3 seconds of the sale starting, there was not one set left. Amy and I were so in shock, we did not move until the shelves were empty..It was great. I believe that will be my last attempt to go to Wal-Mart at 5 AM for anything.

1 comment:

Cindy Watson said...

I can't figure out why the sheet sets were so hot this year. Everyone that I have talked to that went to WM said the same thing about old ladies going nuts for sheets. I don't get it!